Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

forward to Voicemail

I have a number of phones set up in a school,

When a user dials the main switch board number, the switch board can then transfer the call to the classrooms

If the classroom phone is not answered then it diverts back to the switchboard, if the switchboard does not answer the call it goes to voicemail, (as it uses the voicemail profile of the fwd device I have configured these device with a voice mail mask to match the switchboard.

All the above works fine for internal calls, but when I call the switch board from an external phone it does the correct forwarding but when it tries to send the external caller to voicemail (if switchboard does not answer) the caller just gets a busy signal,

The only difference I can see is the CLI is no being presented from external calls, would this affect it or have I missed anything

Thanks

7 REPLIES
Blue

Re: forward to Voicemail

sounds like a css/partition issue.

calls from internal get forwarded fine and the vm answers.

calls from external get forwarded fine but when sent to vm, a busy signal. (is this a fast busy? i would think so...)

if this is a fast busy, then you could have a css/partition problem where the external call via the gateway, does not have access to dial a DN in the partition where the vm box is.

check the gateway CSS and verify it has access to the partition that the vm DN belongs too. this should be a decent start for troubleshooting.

(of course, if you dont have CCM but use CME, it could be a different problem; i assumed you had ccm)

(CLID information not being passed would probably not create this type of symptom)

hi

The CSS on the Gateway has only 1 partiton that goes to a translaton pattern, The CSS on the Gateway does not have the partiton of the DN but the CSS of the translation pattern does, do I need it on the gateway CSS? I get a slow busy tone, and the gateway message is "user busy"

After all the forwarding the CSS that is going to be use to get to VM is the one from the GW, add the partition of the VM ports to the GW CSS

Green

Correct!

ok tried that and still get the same issue,

Gateway css can now see

1) translation pattern

2) phone DN partition

3) Voicemail port

If I ring the DN directly it goes to vm no problem its only when its forwarded and from external caller.

any other ideas?

Green

Can you call the Voicemail server successfully externally at all.

The reason I am asking this is it may be a codec issue that is causing your problem

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

yes this seems fine, If I call the switchboard direcly after 10 rings it goes to voicemail fine,

it will not work if the call has been transfered to another phone

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content