Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forward voice mail to external mail server

In a stand-alone unity configuration ( no unified messaging), is there a way to send a copy of the voice mail to the subscribers smtp e-mail inbox?

I had it working in my lab by creating a new contact in active directory with the users e-mail address & then going into the user property "exchange general" and setting the delivery option. But on site, it's not working.

thanks

Rob

4 REPLIES

Re: forward voice mail to external mail server

ROb

We have several users on a VM only Unity install that have their messages forwarded to an external email address. It is configured as you have done in the lab, by creating a contact and forwarding their mail to the contact - but the user must have a profile and mailbox on the exchange server. Has been working fine for the past twelve months or so. If the user is not part of the exchange organisation you should look at Internet only subscriber in Unity. This will forward mail to an email address.

Mark

Mark:

Sorry for getting back to you so late with this. When you say the user must have profile and mailbox on exchange, are you talking about the exchange running on unity? because that's the only one they have.

thanks

Rob

DId you create or setup the smtp connector on the exchange server ?

It needs a connector to send mail outside of the exchange box. The connector does not install by default.

Peter

No, I don't believe I did. I'll check it out.

Thanks

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content