cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded phone not going to right VM box

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who floats around the campus filling in for people. She has a number of 1234 and has vmail setup on it when it's busy or N/A, what she needs to happen is when she's at another desk and forwards her phone to that desk and if she doesn't answer it at the other desk, she wants it ot go into her vmail, not the vmail of the desk that she is at temporarly. I'm not sure if this is possible.

Any input!

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

It should work as WAD, you need to check if you do not have configured a voice mail profile or something else that is avoiding that behavior.

I'm not what your saying here what's WAD? The 2 phones work as they should, so if I call users 1 and no one answers, it will go to her vm, if users 2 doesn't answer it will go to vm. But if user1 forwards her phone to users2 phone and user1 doesn't answer then phone at user2's desk, she wants it to go to her vmail not user2.

EM is not an option at this time, thanks anyway!

Yes, that's the way it should work, WAD (working as designed) it means that she should be able to hear her own voicemail not the one of the desk. That is why you need to check if you do not have some rule that is avoiding this behavior

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I think the best option in this case would be extension mobility.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tony,

From what I know the Unity should work the way you want in regards to Forwarded calls.Check out this thread from the Unified Communications forum that address's this exact question.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dda332c

What it indicates is that Unity will use the first redirecting number ie:the number of the user who floats from desk to desk and for any forwarded/ missed call it should revert to her mailbox.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: