Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Forwarding a call directly into voicemail.

Running Unity with a Centrex system. We used to be able to forward a caller directly into voicemail by placing the caller on hold, then dialing Unity (which takes you to sign-in), then pressing * (which used to take you to opening greeting), then entering the extension and hanging (which effectively takes the caller directly to the voicemail). Since re-installing Unity (due to a baaaad experience with ADC) we have lost this ability. Any ideas how to get this back?

Cisco Employee

Re: Forwarding a call directly into voicemail.

Well, when you do that today what happens? Where do things go wrong?

if the subscriber's record is setup to transfer in that case, we'll do the transfer first and then go to voice mail - you may have had the system configured before such that subscriber's were not setup to ring their phones first. You can over ride that by entering the extension followed by "#2" as all one string (i.e. 1234#2 would go directly to 1234's voice mail).

Community Member

Now when we call Unity it asks for password, when you hit *, it asks for your ID. If you hit it a third time, it hangs up.

Transfer is set up to go directly to the greeting.

Community Member

I had same problem and there are at least two ways to accomplish what you are trying to do.

1. In Call Manager set up a CTI route point with an extension like *XXXX. (For 4-digit dial. In my firm we used 5xxxx to make it work like the old voicemail server).

Set the CTI-Route Point number to transfer directly to voicemail.

Then to transfer a caller directly to a subscriber's mailbox, press Transf, enter *xxxx and Transf. The caller will route directly to the voicemail.

2. If you press Messages, the Unity will ALWAYS ask for your password. In this case, do not press the * key. Instead press # which should route you to the main greeting. At this point enter XXXX#2 and then Transf to release the call. It will have the same outcome.

CreatePlease to create content