Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Forwarding a message

I didn't get a response on the attached . . there has to be an explanation. Can someone help?<br><br>A user forwards a message by pressing 5. <br>The user enters the extension to forward the message and presses # when done recording. <br>The user then selects to record an introduction to the message. <br>After recording, they have an option 1 for messaging. <br>When they select messaging options, the prompt is for address 1, rerecord 2 and special delivery 3. <br>(The user at this time wants to add additional addresses in which to forward the message with the introduction) so<br>the User selects 1 for address<br><br>THIS IS WHEN THE PROBLEM OCCURS: They are then prompted to add a name, remove a name, send as is or SELECT "*" for messaging options. When * is SLECTED, the system says your forwarding message has been cancelled. <br><br>Thank-you<br><br><br><br><br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Forwarding a message

Oops… must have missed this the first time around. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I just tried this out on a 2.4.0 120 system and the wrong prompt is playing for that menu. “*” is VMUIF is always cancel or go back up a level. The prompt there should be “to exit and cancel forwarding press *”. You’ll hear the correct prompt in the menu one level up.

I’ll enter a Track defect for this. But to be clear, this shouldn’t be tripping you up. To address to additional users you would want to select 1 to add a name, there is no message options there at that menu level (even though the bogus prompt there says it is). We’ll get it fixed regardless, but I hope you guys aren’t thinking you’re stuck not being able to forward a message with a intro to multiple folks.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

Thank-you for that update. Is there any estimated time frame when this can be fixed so I can update our team here?

Anonymous
N/A

It wont make the initial 2.4.5 drop to production since it's not a high priority bug (i.e. I'm not going to push back the release to get it in there). It'll have to be picked up in a point release after that. I don't have a time frame for you.

Again, the functionality works, it's just a bad prompt on the * key...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content