cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

forwarding of SIP based incoming calls

rehan_uet
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting a VOIP (SIP based) T1 from my service provider and a number is routed to this T1. I want to have a box (router)where i can termiate this T1 in my office and this box (router)shouled forward the incoming calls on this T1 to another office where I have AS5350 gateway which will route the calls to its ultimate destination which is SIP based IP phone.

The recomended box (router) and AS5350 in the other office will be connected through a IP network.

Which box (router) can fulfill my requirement.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Both the "proposed box" and the AS5350 will require an IP-to-IP gateway image.

The "proposed box" can be something as small like a 2801ISR for just 24 channels.

Of course if you manage to have the ITSP talk directly to the AS5350, you save the "proposed box".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Call Forwarding

For information about the feature and all of its options, refer to Call Forwarding Features section in the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch System Description guide.

Call Forwarding Activation and Deactivation

Activation and deactivation of call forwarding features uses the star code. Alternately, the feature may be activated or deactivated by using the Services key on certain phones.

With SIP support, the call forwarded to number can be a Centrex extension number (only applicable for business users) or an E.164 number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Forwarding to a URL (AOR) is not supported in Release 4.1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIP subscribers do not hear a final dial tone upon completing activation or deactivation. Instead, an announcement plays for the subscriber, indicating that the status of the forwarding feature is being activated or deactivated. This is irrespective of the Final Stage Dial Tone (FDT) flag (Y/N) provisioned for these features.

Call Forwarding to an E.164 Number or an Extension Number

In Release 4.1, activation is accomplished using single-stage dialing. This applies to all activation and deactivation.

Calling Name and Number Delivery

Calling number delivery (CND) provides the SIP subscriber endpoint with the date, time, and calling number in an incoming call. When the called subscriber line is on hook, the calling party information is delivered during the long silent interval of the first ringing cycle. Telcordia document GR-30-CORE specifies the generic requirements for transmitting asynchronous voice band data to the SIP subscriber line.

For more information, refer to the Calling Name Delivery section in the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch System Description guide.

Refer:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vcallcon/ps531/products_feature_guide09186a00807db940.html

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Both the "proposed box" and the AS5350 will require an IP-to-IP gateway image.

The "proposed box" can be something as small like a 2801ISR for just 24 channels.

Of course if you manage to have the ITSP talk directly to the AS5350, you save the "proposed box".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: