cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding on Callmanager having trouble

mmitchell
Level 1
Level 1

Have a perplexing one here. Thought I would throw it out. I have a callmanager that is currently being used in a pilot program. IT is sitting behind a Lucent g3 PBX connected via a T1. All outbound dialing is done through the Lucent as well as I have configured extension dialing between the 2 systems. All of this works. The only thing that does not seem to work is when someone from a Lucent phone calls an extension that is busy. That extension as a busy forward target to a 2nd line on that phone. It rings fast busy???? However, if I do that same scenerio with another IP phone calling the busy IP extension, it rings the second line fine.

The T1 is an h.323 gateway vg200

Callmanager is 3.2.2a

2 Replies 2

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

The only thing that I can think of is the call forward busy CSS is not setup correctly or something like that. Not sure why it would work ip hone to ip phone and not from the gateway.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Found the answer,

turns out on the Lucent that there is a queue parameter on their T1 trunk groups. When that parameter is set to 0 then it ony allows one call. I was told initially by the customer that they could call multiple IP phones at once just he forwarding doesn't work, turns out that was not correct upon further investigation. After the queue parameter was adjusted to 24, then everything worked. Thanks for the answer.