Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Forwarding only 4-digits since upgrade CCM to 3.2(2c)

Since upgrade the CCM to 3.2.(2c) from 3.0(11), only forwarding 4-digits to Voice mail system.

<PSTN>—<DT24+ Gateway>--<CCM>—<DT24+ Gateway>--<VMS>.

Somebody calling to IP phone which registered to the CCM and leave a voice mail. Then it will forwarding to Voice mail system. The problem is only forwarding 4-digits to VMS. My cell phone# 4161112222 calling to IP phone of 4163334444. no answer the IP phone and leaving a voice mail. VMS telling me “You have 1 new voice mail from 2222”. I want to get full digits(4161112222).

CCM 3.2(2c), No translation pattern configured. Gateway DT24+ configured “Caller ID DN=XXXX”.

I think the problem related “Caller ID DN” but it worked at 3.0(11). The protocol for DT24+ was skinny at 3.0(11) but MGCP at 3.2(2c).

Any idea to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Forwarding only 4-digits since upgrade CCM to 3.2(2c)

Have you changed the Caller ID DN=XXXX on the DT24+? If not I would take out the XXXX's all together.

Rick

Re: Forwarding only 4-digits since upgrade CCM to 3.2(2c)

The “Caller ID DN” is for IP phone extension. CCM will forward to VMS with it’s extension. When cell phone(#4161112222) calling to IP phone(extesnsion#4444), CCM will forwarding to VMS with it’s extension(#4444). I think cell phone# will be encapsulated to the forwarding packet.

I’m not so familiar configuring but that’s my idea. it worked at 3.0(11) but the issue since upgrade to 3.2(2c) even no configuration changed. Could be there are parameters to control the number of digit.

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies