Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Forwarding to Unity

I'm gonna beat this to death till I get it to work....<br><br>I want to be able to forward a phone to an phantom extension and have it go to voice mail.... here is the situation. I have call manager 3.12c, Unity 3.0.3...<br><br>Call manager is set to take calls on an inbound DID and pass them to a hunt group (7960) this is working fine, I want to be able to do a "CFwdAll" from the phone to an extension and have it play the message when a call comes in. <br><br>I have created a call handler with the extension 5901, and I have also created a phantom phone that is 5901 with "no answer" pointing to our voice mail extension.<br><br>When I call 5901 from my phone I get voicemail and the call handler plays the message.<br><br>When I forward the 7960 to 5901 and call the primary extension from my phone it goes to voice mail and the call handler message plays...<br><br>When I call the DID, and the call comes in, it goes to voice mail and the "opening greeting" plays.<br><br>If you watch call viewer this call isn't coming as a forward, it's coming in as the "caller Id" direct to 5000 (our voice mail number)<br><br>Now even stranger, if I set the primary extension on the 7960 to forward to my phone and call the DID, it will ring my phone (which I do not answer) then roll to voicemail (mine)<br><br>So the real questions is why the phantom extension doesn't work??? It doesn't come as a forward but it should....<br><br>Any suggestions?<br><br>

5 REPLIES

Re: Forwarding to Unity

However, ours revolves around IPCC. With CCM 3.0(11), Unity 3.01, ICM 4.5 and IVR 2.1, everything worked fine. Calls to our tech support line would forward to a Unity VM box if no agents are logged in. After upgrading to CCM 3.1(2c), Unity 3.1.2, ICM 4.6.1, and CRA 2.2, calls that come in when no agents are logged in get the base Unity menu (the one used to retreive messages from foreign phones)

Looking at Call Veiwer in Unity, the calls are coming in a direct, rather than forwarded.

Any assistance on this is appreciated.

Anonymous
N/A

I tried removing the call forward, no answer, and busy. When you dial that extension however you get a fast busy. When I put the forward no answer as the voicemail number it dials it. But I still get the opening greeting when I forward this phone to my phantom extension.

We were mistaken. What we thought was Unity VM just happened to be our legacy Audix system. It seems that removing the cFwdAll, cFwdBusy, and cFwdNoAns from a phantom phone removes the directory number from CallManager's routing table. We have a genereic route for all undefined numbers back to our legacy systems. We were tricked into thinking it worked.

However, we did get a response back from Cisco TAC. It seems this Direct-rather-than-forward-from-a-route-point is a known issue that will be fixed in version 3.1.3, due out the middle of next week.

Fortunately, our mistake will function as a work-around until then. Good luck to you.

Anonymous
N/A

I thought that was the case... I'm using an unused phone for a work around. I'll see if the next release fixes my problems and will report back here!

During troubleshooting, we removed the cFwdAll, FwdBusy, and FwdNoAns entries. The calls then went to voice mail properly. We figure in 3.0x, CMM didn't know about VM. In 3.1x, CCM is smart enough to realize that there is no physical phone to ring, so it forwards it to VM on it's own.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content