Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding Unity Call Handler to external extension

I have a Unity (3.1(3)) call handler (handler 1) that has caller input 2 set to transfer to another call handler (handler 2). Handler 2 has an extension which is not on my call manager cluster. The extension resides on a Siemens PBX which has a T-1 connected to my 6509 i.e. my cluster. I can call that extension just fine from a phone on the Call Manager cluster. However, I can't get Unity to transfer a call to it. Using call viewer, I never see Unity even try to send the call out. Can I transfer a call from a Unity Call Handler to an extension that doesn't reside on the Call Manager cluster? Do I need to setup a rule?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Forwarding Unity Call Handler to external extension

Yeah, you should be able to do this. If you are not getting the "please wait while I transfer your call" prompt, make sure that caller input option has "attempt transfer" set and not "send to greeting". In the call handler that's doing the transfer, check to see if the alternate transfer rule is enabled. That might be what's preventing the transfer.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Forwarding Unity Call Handler to external extension

Yeah, you should be able to do this. If you are not getting the "please wait while I transfer your call" prompt, make sure that caller input option has "attempt transfer" set and not "send to greeting". In the call handler that's doing the transfer, check to see if the alternate transfer rule is enabled. That might be what's preventing the transfer.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content