Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Freeing up a 2811's PVDM for a CFB

I have a 2811 (with a PVDM2-16, VIC2-4FXO, and an NM-HDA (4FXS, 4FXO, and 4FXO)) and want to use the PVDM for a Conf Bridge.

I'm not using the VIC2 for anything but it keeps grabbing the PVDM2's DSP and I am unable to free it up for a conference Bridge. I tried to shut down all the ports on the VIC2, but the DSPS still get assigned. Short of pulling the VIC2 out of the router, is there any way to disable the VIC2 so it doesn't take the dsps?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

The DSP allocation is done to analog (FXO/FXS) and bri ports at system initialisation.

The only thing we can manipulate is the DSP resources allocated to digital voice ports (PRI/CAS) by means of reconfiguring the PRI and DS0 groups.

DSPs allocated to analog card cannot be released without removing the card.

HTH

//G

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

The DSP allocation is done to analog (FXO/FXS) and bri ports at system initialisation.

The only thing we can manipulate is the DSP resources allocated to digital voice ports (PRI/CAS) by means of reconfiguring the PRI and DS0 groups.

DSPs allocated to analog card cannot be released without removing the card.

HTH

//G

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: