cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

French language on routing rule didn't work

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

I have English and French loaded on the unity server and english is the default phone language. I want to create a forwarded rule with French language, but rule still use the inherited instead of French.

Here is what I did:

Create a forwarded rule: FrenchBackdoor with the following configuration:

Forwarded station : 2346

Language: French

Send call to: openning greeting

But I see the language on the routing table for this rule still shows the inherited. Anybody can tell me why?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Unity are you running.

unity 403.

FYI, if I change the mailbox language to French,this part works.

doing a quick test here it seems to work as it's supposed to. My best guess is the routing rule you think is being used to get callers to the opening greeting isn't actually triggering on the inbound call. As a test, try changing that rule to send callers to a different call handler such that you are certain the routing rule in question is actually working as expected.

I changed the call handler to operator, but same result.I restarted the server couple times, still same. I do notice that everytime I press the save button, it takes forever to finish the progress bar. But the save button actually already grey out,which means the change has already changed and saved. Too weird, any other suggest I can try?

Thanks

Jeff

Is there anything special that I have consider?

can you shoot me the exact steps that you have done? I am just wondering whether I have done something wrong.

Thanks

on my 4.0(3) test system I have 5 languages installed, including French. I created a new direct call routing rule that's active for all calls on all ports and had it go to the operator mailbox. The operator mailbox has it's language set to "inherited" by default and I left it this way.

I set the language in the routing rule to AUS, then UK, then FRA etc... and called into the system. I first hear the operator greeting (the language for the greeting does not change based on the system language - it's a greeting not a prompt) and then the "You may record your message at the tone..." prompt was always in the correct language according to the language I setup on the routing rule. As it should be.

I did notice that the grid on the call routing rules at the bottom did not accurately reflect the language selected - it always says "inherited" no matter what. However when you select the rule it shows the proper language at the top half of the form.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: