Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Frequently Requested Features

The following features are often requested by customers who are looking to buy or already have CallManager - are there any plans to implement them?

1) Transfer Revert - Return a call to the person who transfered it if it is not answered after a certain time - like call park revert. This is particularly important for operators if voice-mail is not in use.

2) Group ring - the ability to call a particular DN that rings a number of phones. The first person to answer gets the call. Subsequent calls to that DN then ring on the remaining phones. Shared lines do not work like this and it is useful for small helpdesks and sales teams. I know of a CM system that has been removed because this feature does not exist.

3) WebAttendant - the ability to camp-on and also see if a particular destination is forwarded to another destination.

Thanks,

Justin Ayres

Comstor UK

2 REPLIES

Re: Frequently Requested Features

An addition to the 'group ring' feature is a choice either sequential or circular call delivery.

Sometimes you need a group behind a DN, and the 1st available ('best') person answers. The drawback is that the agents on top of the list get all the calls.

Other way is to hane callmanager to distribute a new call to the next person on that ring. That way the calls would be distributed evenly amongst agents.

Re: Frequently Requested Features

I think that what you want to do here can already be done if you deploy ICD.

I understand that ICD can be deployed on an existing CallManager server - if so, are there any limitations?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content