Replies

Fresh CM 4.1(3) install, LDAP Directory setup problem

pmorawski
Level 1
Level 1

After fresh installation:

OS patch: win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-2sr2.exe

CM patch: ciscocm.4-1-3-sr2.exe

I have installed extended services (auto attendant)3.5.3 with patch cm-es.3-5-3-sr2.exe. When I access Administrative page to setup Directory LDAP access, (Programs/Cisco Extended service administration/Application Administrator), in step 2 I should choose profile name - but the list is empty! The button "Next" gives message - Profile Name is required.

I don't know how to finish LDAP access installation. I don't have any idea how to solve this problem.

thanks

7 Replies 7

tnooning
Level 1
Level 1

Just click edit and type in whatever you want for a name, it will save it and create a new profile.

Thank You, I missed pop-up "edit" window.

But something is still wrong with DC Directory setup.

After configuration setup step 3, option Use the default Repository profile, when I push next button I get:

"LDAP Configuration - Error

There has been some failure while updating the LDAP. Please contact Administrator. "

I found document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008018e99a.html

but there is nothing about my case.

Looking at TAC case collection I found something similar, I checked that DC Directory Server service is running. I found in event log that Cisco CRA Engine service "hung on starting", and I can't start it manually ("could not start ... service on local computer").

The CRA Engine won't be able to start until the configuration is complete, so that part should be ok. It sounds like some aspect of your LDAP config is incorrect. Are you using the default directory user/password (Directory Manager/ciscocisco)? The password might be non-default. You can try and login directly into DC Directory from Start -> Programs -> DC Directory Administrator. Login with the same credentials in your LDAP configuration and make sure you can get in.

Other settings here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a96.html#wp1058836

I tried to use default password. I can't get in to DC Directory Administrator with credentials of Directory Manager. Trying to login as Directory Administrator I get security warnings in event log.

I created a new user in CallManager administration (admin) and I assigned him to SuperUserGroup. I can login to DC Directory Administrator with user admin credentials. Browsing DC Directory with this program, I don't see user Directory Manager.

Using the same values (admin and his password) in LDAP setup I get the same error message: "LDAP Configuration - Error

There has been some failure while updating the LDAP. Please contact Administrator". So it doesn't work.

I don't know what else can I check?

Are you definitely running DC Directory, not a plugin like Active Directory? What information is in C:\dcdsrv\DirectoryConfiguration.ini on your server?

I have:

[ldap]

RETRYDELAY=5000

ldapURL=ldap://HOSTCM:8404

dn=cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com

passwd=2b2e03083000020d

ciscoBase=o=cisco.com

dirType=Default

dirAccess=true

useSSL=true

ldapsURL=ldap://HOSTCMCM:8405

One thing that looks odd is you have two different host names for the different LDAP URL's. HOSTCM and HOSTCMCM, are both resolveable? Please send me an email at tomn (at) boice.net to discuss offline.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: