cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frozen lines on Transfer from Trad PBX to CM?

letnet
Level 1
Level 1

We've just begun to experience an interesting problem and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of a similar problem...

When users of our traditional phone system (NEC NEAX 2400) call another user of the traditional phone system and that second user transfers them to an IP phone extensions - the originating PBX extension siezes up at the completion of the call and either stays off hook or rings constantly. The PBX reaches the Call Manager 3.1(2c) system via PRI card in a 3662 router running 12.2(4)T code...

Obviously we have contacted NEC on the issue as well but since it only seems to happen with IP phones in the mix I thought I'd fish here also - it seems a big vague yet to go to TAC on....but who knows...

Ken Johnson

LeTourneau University

2 Replies 2

rokibbe
Level 1
Level 1

12.2 (and 12.2(T)) are still fairly new and, well...new. I wouldn't put the problem past an IOS issue. Remember that Call Manager traces are your friend, and will tell you exactly what's going on--especially if you're using the 3662 as an MGCP gateway. If you're not familiar with gathering the traces, there's a document on how to do it at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/cm_trace.html . If the 3662's an H.323 gateway, relevant debugs will be DEBUG ISDN Q931 and DEBUG VPM ALL, along with the Call Manager traces. Be sure to set your timestamping to SERVICE TIMESTAMPS DEBUG DATETIME MSEC LOCAL in the router, so crossmatching between the router and the Call Manager will be helpful. If you do end up at the TAC, having this stuff ready will get you that much closer to the solution, along with your SHOW VERSIONs and SHOW RUNs.

thanks :-) Unfortunatley for the MGCP we're running a PRI in the 3662 and TAC tells us we have to wait for 12.2(XN) for MGCP - but perhaps we'll look into the h.323 traces - thanks!

- Ken