Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FTP IOS to gatekeeper

I'm having to FTP an IOS to flash for a gatekeeper instead of TFTP'ing it and it keeps hanging at the point where it asks if you want to erase flash (I don't want to erase it, I want this IOS in addition to the one on there and YES, there is enough memory to hold both). After I let it sit for an extended period of time at the "hung" point, I go look at flash and see a partial file with an invalid checksum. I also cannot delete that partial file from flash (delete flash:iosname) even though there is part of a file there. It says the file doesn't exist. I've also tried squeezing flash with no change. It's a 2620 running 12.2.2T.

Need assist for FTP'ing IOS and for cleaning these bogus files off of flash PLEASE.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: FTP IOS to gatekeeper

There can be many reasons for this. Either the Flash on your router might be a faulty one or has got corrupted. If so, replacement of the flash is the only solution, or the commands or the procedure you are using is not in a correct sequence. You can delete the invalid files by first using a Delete command and then issue a squeeze command.This should remove the invalid IOS images. Some times FTP/TFTP ing the IOS creates some problems if the FTP/TFTP server is not in the same subnet as the router. Hence, I would suggest you, to move the TFTP server to the same subnet

Views
Helpful
Replies