Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Full DB Export/Import Utility @answermonkey.net

Will it work with exporting data from:

1. 3.0(2) to another 3.0(2) server in different domain

2. 3.0(2) to a 3.1(3) server?

Thanks for your help

IRA

5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Full DB Export/Import Utility @answermonkey.net

Yes it will work in both of your examples.

Keith

Cisco Employee

Actually... no it wont. The FullDB ImportExport tool is only for exporting from 2.4.6 and importing into 3.x systems... you cannot export from 3.x at all (which you may have already figured out).

DiRT is the tool to use for exporting 3.1(x) data and importing into the same Unity version. THere is no tool capable of doing a backup and restore of Unity specific data from 3.0 to 3.0 I'm afraid.

Thank you for your reply.

That is what I had read at answermonkey.net and from doing a little searching. Is there any tool to that will export Unity 3.0(2) data to for import into 3.1(x)?

A Unity engineer told me that he could help us move a 3.0(2) Unity w/ Exchange 5.5 server in domain A to a 3.0(2) Unity w/ E2K in domain B and use the answermonkey DBImportExport tool to bring user data over.

My research indicates that it will have to be done manually, unless I run an in-place upgrade of 3.0(2) to a 3.1(x) and then use DiRT.

The Unity environment has 44 users who are minimally configured. My approach is to just reconfig the users on the new server.

Your advice/comment is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

ira

Cisco Employee

There's no tool to export from 3.0(x)... if you don't want to upgrade to 3.1(x) first and then use DiRt you're stuck with a manual process.

For 44 users I would just uninstall and reinstall and then import them again if it were me.

Ditto. Thats the conclusion I had arrived at also.

However, not being a Unity Engineer I needed validation.

My plan is to build/confgure/test the 3.1(x) server ahead of time and then on the weekend of the switch just moving the ports/key/etc over. This way I will have the old server for backout.

Thanks again

ira

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content