Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Further enquiry on CallHandler Prompts 3.x

Hi, jlindborg<br><br>I encountered the same problem about "CallHandler Prompts 3.x" that you have posted the solution on "1/24/02 01:23 PM". First of all, thanks you!<br><br>Surely, it is ok for the subscribers that use personalized greetings. However, it is odd for the subscribers that use system greeting.<br><br>i.e. "Sorry, ext <###> is busy or doesn't answer" and then start recording.<br><br>Is it possible to combine AvPhGreet016.WAV with "is busy or doesn't answer" so that the caller can hear the whole original greeting ?<br><br>If possible, what and where to change?<br>If not possible, is there any alternative to make the subscribers feel comfortable to use original greeting?<br><br>Thanks!!<br><br>Rayon<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Further enquiry on CallHandler Prompts 3.x

I'm not sure I understand what it is you want to do... what, exactly, do you want callers to hear when they try a user's extension and they are not available?

If the persons' voice name is recorded, that will be used instead of the "Extension xxx is not available"... is this what's causing the problem?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Hi, Jeff,

As you know,
AvPHGreetENU016.wav = "You may record the message at the tone......"
AvPHGreetENU037.wav = same as AvPHGreetENU016.wav
AvPHGreetENU019.wav = " is busy or doesn't answer"

If we just only replace 016.wav and 037.wav by a silent prompt, it is OK for subscriber using their geetings. But for the subscriber using system greetings, they will lose part of greeting which is replaced by the silent prompt.

i.e. "Sorry, extension XXX is busy or doesn't answer. 'beep' " and then the unity start recording the message.

I mean I will take the following action:
AvPHGreetENU019.wav REPLACED BY AvPHGreetENU016.wav + AvPHGreetENU019.wav
AvPHGreetENU016.wav REPLACED BY AvAddrSearchENU003.wav
AvPhGreetENU037.wav REPLACED BY AvAddrSearchENU003.wav

After these changes, the system greeting for subscriber will become
"Sorry, extension XXX is busy or doesn't answer. You may record the message at the tone .....'beep' "
Do you think my action can get what I want?
Thanks.

Rayon

Anonymous
N/A

Actually, I think we have seperate prompt files (37 and 16) because they are used in the two different spots (i.e. for the subscriber with a greeting and for the subscriber without a greeting). Did you first try only replacing one or the other with silence? This may do exactly what you want.

if that doesn't work, you can concatonate those two prompts using something like CoolEdit (I've done this, it sounds fine). Remember to back these up, however, since Unity ugprades will write over them with default prompts without asking.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content