Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FW upgrade for one specfic 7914

Hi,

Have CUCM 6.0(1), several IP Phone 7971 with several 7914 Expansion Modules.

"Device Defaults" shows there is S00105000300 load info (i.e. 5.0(3) firmware) for 7914.

I want to upgrade firmware to 5.0(4) for my test purpose.

The question is can I change firmware only for specific ones without affecting the majority of 7914 ?

I mean to use "Module X Load Name" field on the Phone Configuration page ?

But if I make upload up-2-date firmware 5.0(4) via "Software Upgrade | Install Upgrades"

onto CUCM it will instantly redefine firmware for all modules, but I need only one !

Please, advice the proper way.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

- Go to the "Device defaults" and copy the name of the present load for 14-Button Line Expansion Module, paste it some where for later use.

- Now run the .exe file. This will change the default phone load for 14- button Line Expansion Module. If it asks to reboot the phones, say NO.

- Now copy that new load name from device defaults and again paste it some where for later use.

- Copy the old phone load name and change the 14-Button Line Expansion Module to the older one again in device defaults.

- Now go to the phone configuration page and Put the new loads name in Module X Load Name. Follow this for the phone you want to upgrade and now reboot that phone only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: