cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO and inbound / outbound dialing

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

A question regarding FXO capabilities on the 2600 platform with CallManager. I have a branch office with 5 ip phones and two analog lines to the CO, 555-1212 and 555-2121. I want the ability to take and make calls via the FXO ports. I'm assuming I'll have a pots dial-peer for the inbound calls for 555-1212 and 555-2121. I'll take the inbound called-number (555-1212 or 555-2121), transform it to match the 4-digit extension for the attendant, and VOIP dial-peer this towards the CM. For outbound calls, I'll route back to the FXO ports appropriately. Any problems with doing things this way or will I need the VIC-2DID? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds good to me.

When you say transform it to match the 4-digit extenstion, are you using 'connection plar xxx' (w/ xxx being the extension of the auto attendant)?

Connection plar would work. What I was wanting to do is to construct a translation pattern that matches DTMF digit strings and changes the dialed-digits before sending to the CallManager. I've made this work on ISDN PRI but didn't know if it was able to be done using analog FXO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: