Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXO - calls only heard in one direction.

I have a 2600 w/ fxo ports. The router is an H.323 gateway, no mgcp. When I make a call from an IP phone I can here the caller but the caller cannot hear me. It is the same when a call is initiated from the outside. Ip routing is enabled on the router, and it is not a Codec problem. Just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this problem. Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: FXO - calls only heard in one direction.

I had a similar problem using MGCP failing to IP Phones which depended on who setup the call

I reconfigured to H323 and was all OK but I did use a loopback as the destination IP address of the gateway with the following command used to tie down the "h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr" command

I am also facing same problem on 3640 as H323 gateway, no mgcp. Any solution for this?

Thanks!

I had the same problem and I found out that it's because of router's invalid IP address (on serial port). Signalling and Call setup was okay since it was through local gatekeeper and packets were received correctly from internet, but it was unable to send back the send packets.

Hope this helps.

I'm having a similar problem. Please explain "invalid IP address" on your serial port. My serial port functions fine, could it also function with an "invalid" address? Thank you for any help.

Check out this article. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/fix_1way_voice.html

This should help. I had that same problem with the softphone getting on way in a VPN Sernerio. It almost always has to do with routing. Anyway, let me know what happens.

See Ya,

Brian

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content