Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FXO config question

I have two sites that are going to be connected via VPN with FXO cards on each side going to PBX's. Do I need to setup a gatekeeper or just setup the routers as gateways?? Also what IOS would be needed (The main office is a 2620 and the remote office is a 1760)??

Thanks,

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FXO config question

Bryan,

you don't need a gatekeeper to make it work; you can just configure dial-peers with session target ipv4 pointing at their respective ip addresses.

you need IOS IP PLUS for both Gateways.

E.

4 REPLIES

Bryan,

you don't need a gatekeeper to make it work; you can just configure dial-peers with session target ipv4 pointing at their respective ip addresses.

you need IOS IP PLUS for both Gateways.

E.

Thank you for your reply. That is easier then I had thought.

Bryan

I set up FXO ports on 2FXO voice card on Cisco 1751 router and attached to PBX but calls do not disconnect on end of call unless physical disconnection of connector from ports

Silver

When loop-starting signaling is used, a router's FXO interface looks like a phone to the PSTN switch. The FXO interface will close the loop to indicate off-hook. The switch always provides a battery so there is no disconnect supervision from the switch side. Since a switch would expect a phone user (example of an FXO interface) to hang up the phone when the call is terminated (on either side), it also expects the FXO port on the router to hang-up. This "human intervention" is not built into the router. The FXO port expects the switch to tell it when to hang-up (or remove the battery to indicate on-hook). Because of this, there is no guarantee that a near-end or far-end FXO port will disconnect the call once either end of the call has hung-up.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/signalling/fxo_disconnect.html

To configure support for battery reversal, the battery reversal command is applied to the voice port. It needs the addition of special FXO hardware VIC-2FXO-M1 and VIC-2FXO-M2.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content