Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

FXO dial-out problem on new MC3810 setup

Good evening,

I am in the process of building a CallManager 3.2 and Cisco MC3810 lab in my home office to study with and I'm having problems getting off the ground. I'm running IOS 12.2(7).

I am using a single FXO port for incoming and outgoing calls. Using plar on the FXO, I am able to ring incoming to my phone via CallManager, or plar via a local FXS port.

However, I cannot dial out, at all, either from a local FXS port or via CallManager using the stock 9.@ rule using any phones. CallManager can call my FXS ports fine, so I know the codec and everything else is working on CallManager.

When I try and dial 9 and my cell number, the dialtone disappears after 9 and my number, pauses for about 9-10 seconds and then gives me a high-pitched beep repeatedly.

Here is my truncated voice configuration:

voice-port 1/1

voice-port 1/2

voice-port 1/3

voice-port 1/4

voice-port 1/6

connection plar 4640

description FXO to PacBell PSTN

codec g711alaw

dial-peer cor custom

dial-peer voice 20 voip

destination-pattern 80..

session target ipv4:192.168.0.75

codec g711alaw

dial-peer voice 21 voip

destination-pattern 4640

session target ipv4:192.168.0.75

codec g711alaw

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 1/6

Thanks for any help you can give me!

-Pat

1 REPLY

Re: FXO dial-out problem on new MC3810 setup

Often times complex configuration issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content