Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FXO & DID

Is it simply a matter of proper IOS to have the capability to do DID on a VIC-2FXO or is it necessary to have a VIC-2DID?

4 REPLIES

Re: FXO & DID

I’ve done something like this and the VIC-2DID is required to provide DID service to extensions on a PBX.

Dear Buddy,

Cisco don't have a Vic-2DID but their have a NM-HDV=( 30 & 60 Voice Channel ) Module in the Cisco 2600/3600, please look in the Cisco Product home page.

regards,

Ruben Rosa

Networking Manager

CCS Honduras

rrosa@ccs.n

I don't believe that it is possible to do DID on an FXO. Analogue (non-trunk) circuits do not have a way of signalling digits out-of-band (i.e. before seizing the line). The only way to do this would be to have 2 stage dialling - getting a secondary dial tone before sending more digits in-band (pulse or DTMF) and being switched by the router.

It is not a problem of software, but the fact that is no signalling information in the call before it is answered.

Yes it is, though I'm not aware of any cisco kit supporting this feature. In the UK this feature is reluctantly supported by a number of carriers, where the customer equipment is treated like the CO and the CO as subscriber, the trunks are incoming only and the DID digits are pulsed (yes pulsed not DTMF) to the CPE.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content