cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Disconnection problems

pmarovino
Level 1
Level 1

We are still facing problems during the disconnection phase of call, when we use FXOs on a Voice Gateway (i.e. 3660 running IOS 12.2.(2)T).

If we are receiving a call from PSTN, and the caller decide to close the call, the port of the FXO remain active until we reset it.

We implemented commands like “supervisory disconnect” or “no battery-reversal” or “battery-reversal (answer)” but things are not changing.

The FXO is connected to an analogic internal number of a Nortel Meridian PBX.

Is there a way to let this configuration working?? We are looking to have a solution since we are dealing with many requests that involves old PBXs that can only handle analogic interfaces.

Thanks for the support

paolo.marovino@getronics.com

2 Replies 2

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How do you have your voice-ports configured on the router? Are you using something like connection plar 1234 to make incoming calls to the port ring a specific extension? If so, can you try using connection plar opx 1234 instead?

No, I'm not using PLAR. When I call from PSTN Ireceive the tone coming from my Voice Gateway and at that point I dial the internal number I want to call. In these conditions if the caller decide to close the call, the port of the FXO does not recognize the disconnection.

I read about the "supervisory disconnect tone" but it seems to be affected by problems (CSCdr29301).

Any other idea about the possibility to use FXO??

paolo.marovino@getronics.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: