Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FXO paging issue

I am trying to use a fxo port to intergrate to a Bogen amp. I have done this before with no issue but it may have been a different model. When I hook to the amp and call the number I have steered to the fxo. It immediatly disconnects. Its like it wants to see battery. I hooked it to a loop start line to test and whin I dial the number I get dialtone and it stays connected. So I think the port works but wants to see battery. Is there a way to program the port to just keep the connection up no matter what or am I missing something else here?

4 REPLIES

Re: FXO paging issue

Are you sure you should be using a FXO port? I would have thought an FXS would have been more appropriate.

I did something similar with an RT system and set it as ground-loop so that it would disconnect properly and it works fine.

Most paging systems are configured to work with a FXO port and require an additional adapter for an FXS. I have intergrated many different phone systems to paging using FXO but it seems that Cisco does not give you a plain old dumb FXO port. It wants to see talk battery to maintain the connection. I am hoping there is some command to disable the sensing of battery and just patch the audio through.

Bronze

voice-port x/x/x

no battery-reversal

shane.orr -- I knew somebody with that same name. Where did you go to high school? email me if you remember ogarza@presidio.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content