cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO / pots lines

m.hedberg
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 pots lines that we need to plug into FXO ports on our 3640 and have those extentions ring on 7960's. we are using the 3640 as an h323 gateway and it is functioning for all phones with DID's. I am a little unsure of the dial-peer statement and the fxo configuration

5 Replies 5

Robert Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

May want to look over this doc:

note the Access Gateway Module SLC Configuration.

Configure pots dial-peer 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern +9...........

port 1/0

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/inst_nts/acc_gtwy/voice.htm#xtocid232708

Rob

m.hedberg
Level 1
Level 1

the document you referenced is helpful however outgoing configuration is not really the issue. what i need to understand is what command will take the 7 digits the provider sends over the pots line into the fxo port and send it to call manager as 4 digits so call manager knows what 7960 to ring. right now when i dial that 7 digit number i get another dial tone.

I presume you are using a CallManager with the phones. Simply create a dial-peer for the extension number or pilot point you want the call to go to. Then point the voice-port to that dial-peer with PLAR. The dial-peer should point the call to the CallManager's IP address. So let's say that you want calls coming in on voice-port 1/0/0 to ring ext. 1027 on CallManager 192.168.1.100:

!

voice-port 1/0/0

description inbound_fxo

connection plar 1027

!

dial-peer voice 1027 voip

destination pattern 1027

session target ipv4:192.168.1.100

!

Hope this helps.

-Brian

that worked thank you

second dialtone is coming from the router...if this were a digital connection from the pstn, direct inward dial is the answer.

Since this is analog, you could setup a connection plar statement under the voice-port.

The plar configuration will remove the second dialtone, otherwise you'll need to enter the last 7 digits of the ip phone that needs to be dialed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: