Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO TO FXO VOIP Problem?

mangesh_thorat
Level 1
Level 1

I have one network with cisco 2600 with fxo and

other side 1750 with fxo , my lease line working fine & i can ping to other side but only problem with

voice?

SO TELL ME FXO TO FXO VOICE OVER IP Is Possible or not?

if Yes then tell me how to go about this?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

It looks like it's possible after going over a few white docs on Cisco's site. I'd suggest calling TAC to be sure though.

hi my dear friend

can send the config file for fxo -fxs

i have problem with voice it ge connect to other side

but giving junk noise

so pl. if u done before like this project then send me the config of this

thanks

mangesh

You can do fxo to fxo. You will run into issues of disconnect. Does the PBX supply tones or battery reversal to alert the FXO the call is disconnected?

mqasim
Level 1
Level 1

FXO to FXo is possible if you have a PBX/ Key System at each end. The FXO port on the router will connet to a Loop Start trunk port on the PBX/Key System. In this case the the PBX provides call suppervision.

If you don't have a PBX/Key System and are simply connecting analog phones to the router then you must have FXS ports on the router for two way calling (FXS ports provide ring generation power), or FXS on one side and FXO on the other for one way call. In this case when the party on FXO side picks up the phone the FXS side will automatically ring (dial peer destination)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: