Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXO TO FXS CONFIGURATION

DEAR ALL,

I have a very simple setup and i am sure somebody must have come across a similar scenario. I have 1750-2V with an FXO card on one side and a 1750-2V with an FXS card on the remote side. I am using only one port on each card. The FXO port is connected to a PBX extention and the FXS port has a telephone connected. The two routers are connected via a PPP leased line.

From the local side, when I call the extention connected to the FXO port,I get connected to the port but when I try to call the remote extention (200) the PBX interfers and it trys to interpret the "200" so the call couldn't go through. I overcame this by using the command "connection plar 200" on the port. This works perfectly.

My problem is that I cannot call the local side extentions from the remote telephone. The call cames to the local side but then rings busy all the time.

I would like to call any local side extention from the remote phone. I tried using "connection plar 300" so that when I lift the remote phone, it makes a connection to the local side but when i try calling a local side extention, it alwsys rings busy even when it is not busy. WHAT COULD BE WRONG ?

These are my configs.

LOCAL SIDE (FXO PORT CONNECTED TO PBX)

------------------------------------------------

!

voice-port 2/0

connection plar 200

!

voice-port 2/1

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 300

port 2/0

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 2..

session target ipv4:192.9.209.1

!

-------------------------------------------------

REMOTE SIDE (FXS CARD CONNECTED TO PHONE)

!

voice port 1/0

!

voice port 1/1

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 200

port 1/0

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination pattern 3..

sesstion target ipv4:192.9.206.1

!

HELP.

3 REPLIES

Re: FXO TO FXS CONFIGURATION

how do you know for sure that the local 1750 is really getting all the digits forwarded to it? Maybe the remote 1750 is not even getting all the digits from the PBX. I will trun on login on both routers to see if they are getting the full digits but are not routing them to the proper location. a busy tone could mean a lot of things, the most common one being a routing issue. Give us feedback.

E

I would use Connection Trunk. This is more suited to this type of setup.

You should have something like this. (Ignore any typos as it is from memory

Site 1

Voice-port 0/0

connection trunk 201

dial-peer voice 201

destination pattern 201

dtmf-relay

session-target ipv4:1.1.1.1

!

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination pattern 101

port 0/0

Remote site

Voice-port 0/0

connection trunk 101 answer-mode

dial-peer voice 101 voip

destination pattern 101

dtmf-relay

session-target ipv4:1.1.1.2

dial-peer voice 201 pots

destination pattern 201

port 0/0

Thanks a lot sdrennan, a trunk connection works perfectly. At first it did not work at all and I was frustrated. I just decided to ask the remote user to change the phone and use a phone that has tone dialing and to my suprise it worked. All along I have been testing with a wrong type of phone.

Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content