Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXS port bush signal tuning

Does anyone here have any experience tuning the busy tone duration of the FXS port? I tried searching the docs but I cannot find anything specific. I have the fxs hooked up to an fxs/fxo converter that takes the fxs's busytone and tunes the converter so the fxs port can be used like an fxo port for outside calls. The FXO/FXS converter uses ITU compliant busy tones. I have the unit working but after a call is made the unit does not release the port because it does not properly detect the fxs's busy tone either quickly enough or long enough. For those interested the FXO/FXS converter is located at www.pcphoneline.com and it is priced decently..

I am going nuts searching the docs. I am looking for a way if possible for an immediate busy signal once a call is disconnected.

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated..

Regards...

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: FXS port bush signal tuning

Try the command

timeouts wait-release {seconds | infinity}

Here is what it does,

Duration, in seconds, for which a voice port stays in the call-failure state while the Cisco router or concentrator sends a busy tone, reorder tone, or out-of-service tone to the port. Range is 3 to 3600. Default is 30.

Check this link for more information

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123tcr/123tvr/vrht_t2.htm#1058465

HTH

Silver

You can use the CPTONE voice port command to change the country tones, this will also change frequencies and cadences for the various call progress tones such as ringback , busy etc ... You may have to try multiple different country settings until you find the right one.

Thanks fellas, I did try the timeouts wait-release {seconds | infinity before I posted here but no luck. As for the CPTONE I will give that a shot. I hope it works. The pcphoneline unit is looking for an ITU compliant busy dialtone so hopefully another cptone comes close.

Thanks again.. I will let you know of my progress..

Regards..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content