cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

G.729 & Windows Media Player

jbourne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When using Unity in G.729 mode, is it possible to achieve some sort of Windows Media Player interoperability through the use of transcoding to G.711 on Unity?<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Not sure I'm getting what you want to do here... if we're set to record messages in G729a, that's how they're going to get stuffed into the message store... so if you're sending a message to an external user that doesn't have VMO installed they wont be able to play the message using the media player in Windows.

unless I'm not getting what you're wanting to do?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

jbourne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I understand that WMP doeesn't support a G.729 codec, so it can't play messages retrieved from a G.729 Unity message store. In re-reading my original question, I can see that I was coming at it from the wrong angle, expecting Unity to transcode from G.729 to G.711, as for a TUI session. I suppose that what I'm really trying to understand is what, if any, non-Outlook/VMO clients can access and play G.729 Unity messages from a user's PC? And additionally, is there any online documentation that addresses these issues for Unity 2.45 and above?

Thanks,
-Joe-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: