cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

G729 and Unity

kenjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

This might be a call manager question not sure - but we have a remote site connected to our call manager via a T1 connection between a 3662 router on the main site end where unity is and a 2621 on the remote end.

The remote site is set to G711 inside it's region, and G729 to the region here at the main site.

For all normal call manager functions, hold, calls, etc this works - but the second a remote site tries to forward to Unity it gives about 10 quick double-stutter dialtones and kills the connection. The remote site uses extensions 71xx and the 3662 in H323 mode takes all incoming calls to the 71xx and applies the g729br8 codec to the - Unity has G729 configured - I was just wondering if there's any logic in the way calls get forwarded to Unity that would require a different accomodation in the 3662 or CM - or if I'm mssing something.

Unity 3.1.3 - Call Manager 3.1.3(c).

Just for reference - the reaons i believe it to be a codec problem is that reverting the Region to G711 between all regions and modifying the dial-peers on the 3662 similarly allows Unity to work fine (albeit at a pretty high data chew rate :-)

Thanks!

- Ken

1 Reply 1

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

You probably need to do a voice class codec on the 3662 so you will be able to do g.711 and g.729 on the router. If you just configure it for g.711 under the dial-peer that may be your problem.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_c/vvfpeers.htm#xtocid15

Thank you,

-Mckee