Helpful
Replies

g729 transfer button inactive

g.dieudonne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Got a weird problem with my CCM4.0(2)SR1; let me explain :

Have 2 different regions (central office + remote site); when I call from the outside to the central office (using the g711alaw codec), I may transfer calls to wherever I want; but when I call from the outside to the remote site (passing from the central office by a 3725 router, connected to the remote site by a vpn connection) and using the g729 codec, and I wish to transfer a call to another phone in the remote site, pressing the "transfer" hotkey does nothing.

BUT if I use the g711 codec to communicate between both sites, everything works well.

Conclusion : not enough bandwidth ? or misconfiguration?

Hope you can help me with that,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can. You can add hardware MTP's or transcoders if you would like, if you have remote site call (gateway at remote site running h.323) and it will work. If you have a gateway at the main site, with calls that are going to the remote site, you will not need the hardware transcoder or hardware mtp. The software MTP will work fine. Check the device pool on the gateway and the MTP. These gateways will have regions. Make sure that these regions speak g711 to each other. Also, on the gateway, do not define the codec on the dial peer. Define a voice class codec and apply it to the dial peer.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the ccmtrace files for more details, you should see an error with descriptive information.

Chris

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I guess if you try to do a hold, you cannot as well. The problem is likely that you have an h.323 gateway that requires an MTP to perform a hold, which is the first part of a transfer. Since, it is running with g729 and software mtp's on ccm only support g711, that would sound like to me to be the problem. When you are creating regions, make sure that the MTP's are in a region that always talk 711 to the gateway you are using. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Well, if I understand what you said:

Got one MTP (the CCM itself), which is situated in the central office.

But I would like to speak with that CCM to use advanced functions as call hold or transfer... from the remote site using the g729 codec (need to save bandwidth).

A simple question would be : is it possible to use theses functions from this remote site ? if so, how can I do ?

Thanks for your help,

Yes, you can. You can add hardware MTP's or transcoders if you would like, if you have remote site call (gateway at remote site running h.323) and it will work. If you have a gateway at the main site, with calls that are going to the remote site, you will not need the hardware transcoder or hardware mtp. The software MTP will work fine. Check the device pool on the gateway and the MTP. These gateways will have regions. Make sure that these regions speak g711 to each other. Also, on the gateway, do not define the codec on the dial peer. Define a voice class codec and apply it to the dial peer.

Thanks

As a conclusion, we can say that I need a CCME to run at the remote site, so it can communicate in g711 with the central office h323 gateway.

If that's correct, reply this msg and I think this discussion is over.

Thanks for your help, anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: