Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

G729 & TTS Workaround

This popped into my head today, if someone trys it out let us all know if I was right or not. :)<br><br>Set Unity and your incoming trunks into a G711 region that talks outside the region with G729. This way external callers will use the G711 codec, thus enabling TTS. Callers going straight to an IP phone, or from an IP phone to unity will be G729. This is cool because not many internal people would want to use TTS when they are sitting at their own desks. :) I Don't think it solves WAN users, but it's better than nothing. I suppose they could force dialout to the PSTN. Callers from outside who are leaving a message will use the full G711 stream, but the Gateway & the Unity should be on the same LAN, so it shouln't be a real big issue<br><br>Of course, I haven't tested this yet, but my CCM guru in Melbourne (Peter Cox) assures me we can make it fly.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Harley Diwell<br>Systems Engineer<br>Cisco Systems<br>Melbourne, Australia

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: G729 & TTS Workaround

Just for the record, we are testing a patch version of Unity (2.4.6 build 115) that has a real fix for the TTS issue with G729. We're hoping to wrap that up and get it out there and available this month.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies