Views
Helpful
Replies

G729 WAN Calls without transcoder ?

mderriennic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer has a WAN MPLS and 2 remote sites. On each site he has a legacy PBX. He wants to use his MPLS WAN to carry voice using G729B by connecting each PBX to a local GW using an E1 PRI (Euro ISND) link. He has to use G729B because of the future use of Cosmocom Call Center (MCC).

Each GW will use a VWIV-1MFT-E1 (E1 PRI link to legacy PBX) as well as 1 PVDM2-32 module.

I wonder wether I have to add or not additionnal DSP to transcode voice between G711 and G729B (according to the DSP calculator I need then 7 DSP). If so, I guess I also have to add CCME on each GW.

Or is the 2811 GW able to set up G729B calls directly from an E1 PRI (wich use G711 codec) to a remote WAN GW ?

Thanks for your help

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

The gateway can terminate the call on G729, but needs more dsp resources, as you already calculated...

With your current config you can terminate 30 g711 calls, but if you have a couple of g729 calls on it, you might get failing calls if there are no dsp resources

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

to transfer the calls between g711 and g729 you need a dsp transcoder

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

The gateway can terminate the call on G729, but needs more dsp resources, as you already calculated...

With your current config you can terminate 30 g711 calls, but if you have a couple of g729 calls on it, you might get failing calls if there are no dsp resources

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: