cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Garble voicemails

jones_amy
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem with the garbled voicmail except it is from inside or outside it doesnt matter..should I still run wavegain and or quietprompts?

9 Replies 9

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unity 3.x ships with prompts recorded at a lower level (quiet prompts) what version of Unity are you running? What telephone system are you integrated with? What codec are you using?

313 unity

314a callmanager

g711 codec

Are the messages really garbled, or they just to hot?

See the 3.1(3) release notes for more information on Automatic Gain Control (AGC) and the desired settings.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/rel_note/cu313rn.htm#xtocid65

Well, that is what I thought or perhaps people calling in had their cell phones and it was a bad connection...that is what I told people...well I finally sat down and did some testing on my own to find out that yes it is garbled....thanks

I just checked out that posting you gave me and the acgsamplesize setting is 20000 and on the paper it says it should be 8000 as well as the acggainthreshold is 40 instead of 5..could this be why..?

It is possible, we found out after 3.1(3) started shipping that the default settings were not optimal for all sites, so we updated the release notes with new optimal settings. Let me know if the new settings resolve your problem?

will do thanks

I made the change in the registry and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help!!!

There is a good tech tip on this issue - it will happen if you upgrade from 3.1.1/3.1.2 to 3.1.3 and you don't have AGC enabled.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/white_noise.html

It is a very easy registry to adjust. Give that a try and let us know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: