cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GateKeeper accounting

c.cl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , now i'm using AAA server to capture CDR from Gatekeeper. I manage to capture CDR from the Gatekeeper, but is different from Gateway CDR. The CDR from Gatekeeper since like no information of timestamp on call set up and disconnected. May i know is there a way to capture Detail CDR from Gatekeeper. As i have test it with different IOS as well as accounting VSA feature.

Hope that there is a way to capture detail CDR from Gatekeeper

Thanks

Chan

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Often times complex configuration/troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

dmitry
Level 1
Level 1

The CDR from Cisco Gatekeepers is very poor and some times unstructured (unstructured means that GK mixes the H323, E.164, IP fields of a record from call to call) . There is no report about call bandwidth for some reason but in "sh gatekeeper calls" command this info does exist!

Regarding timestamps, Cisco GK provides to ways of getting call timestamp: via TACACS/RADIUS accounting start/stop times or you can also use ACCT-SESSION-TIME attribute that gives the duration of the call in the stop record.

Generally speaking Cisco ACS is good in terms of supporting H323 attributes in the accounting records from the GK, has a DB backup functionality, stores the accounting files in comma delimiter format (easy export to Excel), creates a new accounting file for each day (by default, can be adjusted), so all you have to do is to parse this info and to put in some simple database (perl script).

Dear Friends

I am also facing one such odd issue with Accounting on GK(using AAA), we observ that call accounting gets started at Call Ringing Stage at destination end even before Conversation starts(it looks it starts accounting after issuing the ACF to originating GW) so we do not get the actual call time which needs t be billied. Please help for this issue and also kindly confirm:

1. Whether GW CDRs(Originating or Terminating ) can only provide actual call usage time or GK can also provide the same, if GK can provide, please suggest how.

2. Can a external Server, using GKTMP API, may assist in getting actual call information like Actual Call Usage Time from GK with AAA enabled on the same.

Would appreciate your kind and quick advise on the above queries.

Shailendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: