Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Gatekeeper Call Control IDs...

Hi,

I am trying to integrate two voip systems using a central gatekeeper and a couple of IP2IP gateways. This works perfectly execpt for the occasional error.

Sometimes I get the error:

%CALL_CONTROL-6-CALL_LOOP: The incoming calls has a global identifier already present in the list of currently handled call. It is being refused.

The calls are definately being directed in the correct direction however gather this is because the CallIDs of the gatekeeper and gateway are overlapping. This can obviously be avoided by having multiple gatekeepers in different zones, however I was wondering if there is a way of changing the CallID pool of numbers to a different range in the short-term?

Any help would be great.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Gatekeeper Call Control IDs...

This error is encountered when the remote router tries to send the call using the dial-peers which could be busy or not available that time. Then it sends the call back to the OGW and then the error is thrown out. In such cases, you can configure the huntstops on the dial-peers.

For more info check this document :

Dial-Peer Hunting Termination on the Cisco MC3810

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a00800e977e.html

Views
Helpful
Replies