Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Gatekeeper with several gateways design

1. In a VoIP configuration with multiple remote sites and a gatekeeper, how does the remote site know what are their E164-IDs to send when registring? Does the router assume the "destination-pattern" from all the "dial-peer voice XX pots"? All FXS, FXO, E&M and E1?

2. With just one zone with several gateways, how do i define a prefix to a gateway? Can't use "zone prefix" without "zone local" and i want just one zone.

3. Is there a configuration example of a case study with VoIP, a gatekeeper and several remote sites? The only one i found (the Raleigh/San Jose example) was w/ only one remote and one gatekeeper.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Gatekeeper with several gateways design

I saw and read that docs but there's no info on configuring several gateways with one gatekeeper.

I have 100+ voip gateways. We run GK with this. If you would like I can email you a sample of what we have. We only have one zone. My email is tcairns@estes-express.com.

Trae

Trae, what tools do you use to monitor such an amount of gateways?

For example, whether PRI-s are up, what is ASR ratio, is any destination overloaded, accounting, ...

Nikola

Hi.

Has i understood, they don't have any PRIs installed. Only FXS. And that's why the gw, when regstring, send E-164 IDs with the dial-peer POTs they have.

So you know if there's a way to do it when you have E&M, FXO, PRI or BRI?

Telmo

Hi Telmo

We have VoIP setup with few Gateways and a Gatekeeper. Calls coming to Gateways are from GK but send directly to our provider. In FXS yes they do use the E-164 for registration with GK but in FXO (connected with PRI) case we have to use the tech-prefix ( its not the dial-peer tech-prefix but used under the config of the Gateway setting). I have done the Gateway and Gatekeeper setting but i am not sure its the optimal setting or not. Sample of my config is here please correct me if i am wrong or if someone have the better experience. help will be appricated. Thanks

gatekeeper

zone local XYZ-GK test.com 123.123.123.123

zone remote ZYX thedomain.com 321.321.321.321 1719

zone prefix XYZ-GK 1231121* gw-priority 10 Isl

zone prefix XYZ-GK 1231131* gw-priority 10 Khi

zone prefix XYZ-GK 1231141* gw-priority 10 Lhr

zone prefix XYZ-GK 1231151* gw-priority 10 Peh

zone prefix XYZ-GK 1231161* gw-priority 10 Qut

zone prefix XYZ-GK 1231171* gw-priority 10 Mlt

zone prefix XYZ-GK 12311* gw-priority 10 Isl

gw-type-prefix 44567#* default-technology

Gateway ( one sample GW config)

interface FastEthernet0

ip address 111.111.111.111 255.255.255.240

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip id XYZ-GK ipaddr 123.123.123.123 1718

h323-gateway voip h323-id Isl

h323-gateway voip tech-prefix 44567# ---> this command is used for reliable registration with GK.

Views
Helpful
Replies