Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Gatekeeper

Hi,

We have CCM 3.3(3).We are going for a 2MB link to connect to the service provider network.To access the PSTN,we have to integrate CCM with the service providers Gatekeeper(Vocaltec) which requires authentication.

We are using a 3660 router for the 2 MB link.Users should be able to access the PSTN when they dial 9(access code).

My concern is 1.how to configure the gatekeeper with authentication on CCM.

2.What will be my gateway?Can I configure the route pattern so that when the user dials 9 the call is diverted to the Service providers gatekeeper ie configure route pattern for gatekeeper which will act as a gateway.

3.If gatekeeper authentication is not possible on CCM,can I configure 3660 router as a gatekeeper which will communicate the service providers GK.In this case how should I config my CCM & 3660 router.

4.Will NATing on 3660 router affect voice calls.

Please let me know how can I configure the above.

Regds

Murli

3 REPLIES

Re: Gatekeeper

I think what you need to do here is,

Add a gatekeeper in CCM

Add a trunk (Device - > Trunk)

Select trunk type as Intercluster Trunk (Gkpr controlled) , specify a trunk name, device pool, etc...and select the gatekeeper that you added at the very bottom of the page. You can specify a tech-prefix, zone, gateway type (whether terminal/gateway) etc.

Once this is done, insert the trunk and reset it.

Now all your route patterns for calls to outside should be pointing to this trunk.

I have configured trunk & gatekeeper on CCM & I am getting dial tone when I press the access code but not going beyond that.

I have configured local zone & remote zone on Gatekeeper.I have configured IZCT password for authentication with remote gatekeeper(VocalTec).

I have also tried configuring security password group.

what else Should I configure.

Murli

If there is compatibility issue between CCM and VocalTec gatekeeper, you can configure 3660 router as an IP-to-IP gateway. You don't need to worry about NAT issue because two voip legs are terminated in your 3660 router.

Hope this helps.

Bill.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content