Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Gateway Dial Peers for Cisco CallManager 3.x Server Redundancy not working

Hello everyone:

I have a 1751 configured with 2 dial-peers voip to send calls to 2 CallManagers. I followed this document to configure CCM 3.x redundancy

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080094852.shtml

I tested this way and called with csim start:

1)I blocked the pattern in the primary CCM to make the 1751 use the secondary callmanager but I received a unassigned number from the primary and didn´t try the call to the secondary.

2)I put in the first dial-peer voip an IP address that it´s not assigned to any equipment and the 1751 returned a no route to destination message and didn´t try the call to the second dial-peer.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Gateway Dial Peers for Cisco CallManager 3.x Server Redundan

Your first test was not a valid test of the dial-peer redundancy. dial-peer redundancy kicks in when an H.323 gateway can't connect to the CallManager. However, in this case if you configured a route pattern in CallManager to block this call, then CallManager should send back the appropriate signal (ie unassigned number) and reorder tone will be played.

Instead of configuring a pattern in CCM to block the call, just unplug the primary CallManager from the network or stop the CallManager service. Note: this should only be done during non-business hours or in a lab environment.

I'm not sure why your 2nd test wasn't successful. Did you configure the following as mentioned in the techtip?

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 3

dial-peer voice 100 voip

preference 1

voice-class h323 1

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.