Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Gateway problem

HI

I have two sites both with 2800 routers configured for MGCP and an isdn 30 in each, it seems that over a period over of time the channels on each of the ISDN 30 are locking up, and so when a user tried to make a call they get

"Requested Channel not available"

the telco are saying that there is no line fault and when they reset the channels they all come back in to service.

does any one have an experience with this issue, that could advise some tests to carry out??

IOS = 12.3.(t14)T2

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Gateway problem

I have seen similiar issues and it is often related to clocking.check that you have no errors on the show controllers e1 command first.If thats ok make sure the gateway is registered to the subscriber not the publisher as primary.

What version of callmanager have you got ?

cheers

mark

Bronze

The best way around it is to conference Cisco and Telco and have them figure it out.

I had similar issue. The problem is related to MGCP intermittent timeouts. You can see these in the CM traces and also if you debug MGCP. We rasied TAC were told it was a bug and that we should upgrade. We are now running 12.3(14)T6 Ip voice. Suggest you search the bug locator

Views
Helpful
Replies