Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Messaging

1.) Can users define aliases to send messages to easier?<br><br>2.) Is the Message Waiting Lamp turned off after the last message is heard or when the user ends the subscriber interaction?<br><br>3.) Can a future delivery message be cancelled any time prior to its delivery date?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: General Messaging

>> Can users define aliases to send messages to easier?

Well… I’m not sure what you’re asking here, exactly. You can address to users by spelling their name (first name first or last name first) or by entering their extension number. What kind of alias would you be looking to have setup? I suppose you could use your private lists for frequently used folks that you can’t remember their extension number for… just one member in the list and you can address easily with a two digit private DL number.
Unless I’m misunderstanding your question?

>> Is the Message Waiting Lamp turned off after the last message is heard or when the user ends the subscriber interaction?

The MWI lamp goes off after the last voice mail message in your inbox is marked “read”. So as soon as the last message starts to play, a lamp off request should go out within a few seconds. We know immediately when your inbox status has changed, even if you’re still listening to your messages over the phone.

Being connected over the phone doesn’t have any bearing on the lamp status. You can watch the inbox when you call in on the phone and you’ll see the voice mail messages going to a read state as you go through them. When the last one goes to read, the lamp will go out. If you choose to mark the message new over the phone (by hitting “#”), you’ll see the message go back to unread and you’re lamp will go back on.

You can have some more fun by opening an Outlook session and marking a voice mail read and then unread and back again. You should see the lamp go off, then back on, the off again in fairly rapid succession if you have a serial or digital phone integration (i.e. we can tell the switch to turn the lamp on or off quickly). If you're using analog lamp codes, it may take a bit depending on how many ports you have dedicated to dialout out and how many MWIs are stacked up, of course.

We love to do this with our competitors in the room while they explain how 10 or 15 minute resync delays are acceptable.

>> Can a future delivery message be cancelled any time prior to its delivery date?

Not over the phone. These are stored in the “Outbox” folder on the server until they’re sent and currently there is no telephone access to the outbox folder. You can get at it from the desktop, however, if you’re in a pinch (i.e. you sent a nasty future message to your boss you thought better of or something).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice Corp
jlindborg@activevoice.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content