Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

General Questions around ICM configuration

1. What is the Maximum amount of ECC Variables you can set up?

2. Is there a limitation to number of scripts per instance you can have in ICM?

3. What is the maximum number of SkillGroups you can assign one agent to?

4. If a PG and an AW are in a different time zone to the Router and Logger can you set them up in their own time zone and perform routing decisions based on the time zone of the peripheral?

5. Can you set up an AW with UK English but the Router and Logger with US English?

Any help much appreciated.

Ali

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: General Questions around ICM configuration

1. An ECC variable name can be up to 33 bytes long (1-32 usable characters + a null terminator). With this is mind, the calculation for the maxmimum number of ECC variables that can

be set is given in the following document.

Expanded Call Context (ECC) Variables

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800f061e.html#xtocid290928

2. Not sure.

For the rest of the questions, I guess, you could refer to the following document:

Script Editor Language Reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800ea9c5.html

Hope this helps

Re: General Questions around ICM configuration

Hi Ali,

Good to hear you're still doing this ICM lark...

1. I haven't heard of a maximum for ECC variables, but each variable created will suck up 2k of bandwidth of your frame relay connection between the ICM/NAM and your customer PG, so if you have lots of variables, and lots of calls in progress, you'll get network delays between your central site and the customers site which will cause slow screen pops and slow third party call control.

2. I don't think there is a registry setting for this, there is one that limits the number of nodes that can be called by a script. Are you interested in retaining old script versions? or lots of different scripts?

3. Not aware of a limit, get Gordon to test it!

4. The router makes time/day routing decisions on it's time zone, I think that's why you need to setup time synchronisation between all of the ICM boxes. Your best bet to do this would be to have an admin script that runs and sets a time variable for each of the time zones your PGs are in.

5. Yeah, I've done it by accident and it still seemed to work, I think it just affects how things are presented to the client apps, such as date format, time etc.

Best regards, Gary Ford

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content