Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Generic Prompts - Directory Handler Prompt

I have a customer that wants to change the "Please spell the persons last and first name" prompt to "Please spell the first 3 letters of the persons last name". I understand that this is not supported and would not work very well for large organization nor with organizations that employ short last named people. I also understand that every upgrade will require me to "recopy" the modified prompt to the unity server each time. With that being said, where is that file? I've searched every prompt.ini I could find.<br><br>Thanks in advance,<br><br>Russ<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Generic Prompts - Directory Handler Prompt

I think those prompts are in AvAddrSearch.

However, they are split up in to several phrases, and are used by both the public directory AND the subscriber to subscriber message conversation.

I would recommend against changing the resource WAVs because of the reasons you mentioned and because TAC will not support problems with trying to make this work correctly.

Also, changing the prompt won't change the underlying behavior; that is, Unity will still try to match input to a name no matter how many digits are entered.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

I can appreciate your concern. The primary problem is that users calling into the system tend to enter more letters than is necessary (many spell the entire name) and may mispell (fat finger) the name inadvertently.

Can you tell me the file names please, so that I may modify those prompts? I do understand that this will not change the way unity works, just the prompt.

Thanks,

Russ

Anonymous
N/A

in each one of the prompts directories under \commserver\localize\prompts\ENU\xxx (in this case AvAddrSearch) you'll find a PROMPT.INI file. This file contains the full text of each prompt and its respective file name... you should be able to find what you're looking for in there.

be aware the address searcher gets used for several things (subscribers addressing other subscribers, the directory handler etc...) so be careful about changing prompts... you can always get the originals off your install CDs in the same directory hive if you need to get back.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content