Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

German E164 clarification

I have a CCM customer who has an office in Germany. They have just forwarded me their existing PBX dial plan & it appears that Deutsche Telecom uses a variable length dial plan for the customers DDI's.

Eg. one user might be +49 701 170xxx whilst another user might be +49 701 170xxxx (notice extra digit in the DDI).

Internally the customer dials anything from 1 digit to 3 digits, whilst I imagine calls from the PSTN must have between 1 and 3 digits presented.

Can anyone confirm if this is a typical scenario in a German dial plan and if so, how do you overcome the presentation problems at the gateway.

TIA,

Paul.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: German E164 clarification

Hi Paul!

Because of the variable length dialplan here in Germany you have to do overlap sending and overlap receiving. So your PBX sends the number digit for digit to the telco (other PBX). If the PBX on the called side has a match on the digits, it sends an ALERTING in the d-channel back. So the calling PBX knows, that the number is complete.

An other solution is to appand an '#' at the end of the digits. So the complete number is sended in block mode.

Hope this helps

Thomas Voigt

Hi Thomas,

Thankyou for the reply. Can you confirm how you normally configure CCM in Germany then please.

You must have problems with the interdigit timeout when users dial other users ?

Eg.

user A has a DN 10

user B has a DN 104

When someone dials user A they must wait for the inter digit timer to expire before the call completes.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content