cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting 7940G Serial Numbers from CCM 3.2 or By other means.

walshda
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering it is possible to gather all of the serial numbers of the registered phones in CCM 3.2.

Alternatively if anyone knows what type of barcode is used on the phones themselves, I can just scan them in. The barcodes on the boxes themselves scan fine with a standard barcode scanner, but the phones use a slightly different barcode I think. All of the boxes were thrown away already.

In the end I want to be able to have a list of all the serial numbers of our phones.

9 Replies 9

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

I am not sure what type of Bar code that Cisco IP phone uses. But you could refer to this site to know more details on the bar code and various types of barcode available. May it helps you to try out some option.

Thanks for a reply, but I dont see a link.

asarkany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can get serial number information with a browser.

Just fill in the IP Address of the phone.

So you can collect all infos remote without barcode scanning.

August / NTS

Fill in the IP address where?

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <--- IP Address IP Phone

IE or Netscape

Then you will see status messages, config informations of the ip phone

This is great if you only need a few. Is there a way to generate a report out of CCM with a list of all phones and associated serial numbers?

Yeah, that is more what I was hoping for. I want to get all 90 or so phones.

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Oops..! Sorry for missing it earlier. Here is the link to the site.

http://www.datacol.co.nz/bartypes.html

In fact I got this through a Google search on "Bar Code types"

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

If you just want a list with all serial numbers, you might want to get them out of the DB.

Not being familiar with SQL queries , I'd do it like this:

Start->Programs->Microsoft SQL Server->Enterprise Manager->SQL Server Group->Databases-> CCMXXX(depends on CCM Version)->Tables->right click on "Device"->Open Table-> Return all rows..

Hope this helps

cheers,

/David