Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Getting bogus voice mails of 35 seconds each.

I have a Unity server 3.1.5, with Exch 2000. All of a sudden, subscribers are getting calls from somewhere, they last for 35 minutes. They get notified but when they go to retrive them, nothing is there. With this customer, they have a PBX at each remote site. After three rings, the PBX forwards the call to the main site that has the Unity servers. When I make a call to a subscriber, I get three rings, I see on the status monitor that the call is answered but the phone keeps on ringing. Is this a PBX issue or did something happen to the Unity/gateway. What can I look for?

2 REPLIES

Re: Getting bogus voice mails of 35 seconds each.

What is the integration to the PBX?

Re: Getting bogus voice mails of 35 seconds each.

The integration is AMIS off of another Unity server. The issue was resolved last night. It was a telco issue. The D channel (PRI to the telco network) bounced on the gateway, a CMM. It some how messed up the communication to Unity. (the CMM is in a 6509, which connects to a 4507, which connects to the LAN on which the Unity servers sit). We bounced the PRI interface and the vmail seems to be working properly now. Not sure how a D channel bounce on the telco side affects communication to Unity but it's working now. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies