Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Getting fast busy trying to call a local number via IP Phones ONLY.

When I try to call a local number from my IP phone, I get a fast busy. It seems to be related to IP phones ONLY. When I call from a regular line or cell, I get right through. The Q931 Translator has the following messages.

PROGRESS pd = 8 callref = 0x8E55

Cause i = 0xE2A3 - Unknown Cause value

Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available

STATUS pd = 8 callref = 0x8E54

Cause i = 0x82AB - Access information discarded

Call State i = 0x04

DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x0E54

Cause i = 0x80E2 - Message not compatible with call state or not implemented

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Getting fast busy trying to call a local number via IP Phone

Could you post the whole of the q.931 debug including all of the call setup.

It could be that the carrier has decided to start looking at the plan/number types, so this may be the problem.

If you can post a good call and a filed call then I'm sure it will not be too difficult to spot the problem.

Paul

5 REPLIES

More information would be useful. What type of gateway? Which signalling protocol are you using? H.323? MGCP? What does your CM route pattern look like? Are you using a route filter?

Also, how is your calling/called party plan setup on the gateway? Sounds like you may be sending the wrong plan and type along to the CO. Try changing these values to UNKNOWN.

I would love to give you the things you are looking for; however, I've had this working for the past year and a half and nothing has changed in the system in the past week for this to be effected. I was hoping that by looking at the Q.931 translator info, someone might have seen it before. Thanks

I had a similar issue once with the PRI configuration. I had to disable the Display IE Delivery for the DMS-100 switch we were attached to.

Could you post the whole of the q.931 debug including all of the call setup.

It could be that the carrier has decided to start looking at the plan/number types, so this may be the problem.

If you can post a good call and a filed call then I'm sure it will not be too difficult to spot the problem.

Paul

Paul, Thanks for the insight. Your suggestion about plan/number types gave me an idea. My phone is using a different gateway, (3745) so I changed the IE number type to UNKNOWN and it worked everytime! This means that Verizon has changed something on their switch AGAIN!@ I will have to get with them. Thanks for the solution. Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies