cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ghost user

lsimanek
Level 1
Level 1

I had recieved some errors when I was adding users. And when I checked to see if they were entered, they showed up with no extension. Since then I deleted them and relized I had been making some major changes and rebooted the server. I had another problem later that I used the DBwalker to help resolved, but I came across that user I deleted. Its error is Extension=(error) - Invalid Extension,required for primary call handlers. But I cannot find this user anywhere to add an extension. Handler Alias=ch_JHotline298<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

There's probably more wrong with that guy (more specifically the primary call handler it's referencing) than just a missing extension. You'll want to hunt down the primary call handler and kill it and re add the user.

You can hunt it down raw by going into the exchange administrator, going to the Unity folder at the site level and go to the call handlers directory under that and find the object with the alias of "ch_JHotline298" and delete it (be careful to get the right one).

You'll need to wait for the cache to sync (10 minutes) and then rerun dbWalker to see if it still barks about that guy's account from another object (i.e. a stranded mailuser object somewhere).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

That did it. I just didnt know where to look. I had already deleted and fixed the templates. Everything is now clean. By the way the DBwalker is awesome, it works very smoothly. Good work.

Not applicable

Also, I'll bet your subscriber templates are hosed up (which build of Unity are you on?). You'll need to clean this up as well before adding more users.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)